Field Service Engineer
Location: Office is based out of Frederick, but work is mainly in the field, which includes local and regional travel
Pay: $85,000 – $90,000/year; possibly flexible given the right candidate.
Direct Hire/Permanent Position
Reporting to the Service Manager, the Field Service Engineer provides frontline support by resolving customers’ problems and issues through technical expertise and troubleshooting.
- Provide phone support to customers and assist in resolving equipment problems
- Determine when a service visit is required
- Coordinate with customers and schedule your own travel after being assigned a case
- Perform quality tests, calibrations, preventive maintenance and repairs to the board level at customer locations
- Install new equipment and train customers on use
- Prepare parts, supplies and materials required for service calls
- Maintain accurate and detailed service records, submit service reports for invoicing and tracking of service contract usage
- Maintain records of expenditures and submit a monthly expense report for reimbursement
- Interact with customers and suppliers in a manner that promotes a positive image of yourself and the company
- High-school graduate, some college or other relevant education a plus.
- Minimum 5 years of experience as a Field Service Technician, Maintenance Personnel in a Manufacturing Environment or experience in the Electronics/Electro-Mechanical repair field.
- Valid driver’s license
- Passport or ability to obtain one.
- Must pass a background check
- Ability to communicate effectively through reading, writing and the spoken word, in person and on the telephone; fluency in English is a must
- Ability to work reliably and independently
- Possess basic computer skills
- Familiarity with hydraulic, pneumatic, electrical systems is a plus
- Have or obtain a COVID-19 vaccination if required
Key Words: Field Service, Service Technician, Maintenance, Lab Equipment, Calibration, Preventative Maintenance, Equipment Installation, Travel, Troubleshooting, Client Relations, Repair, Repair Technician
Salary: $85,000.00 – $90,000.00 per year