Position: Electro-Mechanical Assembler
Location: Sterling, VA
Shift: 1st shift (7:00am – 3:30pm)
Work among of team of individuals assembling products for our customers. As part of our LEAN Manufacturing business strategy, the position is located in a work “cell” assembling a variety of components ranging in complexity throughout the day. Works under general supervision.
Essential Job Functions include the following, but are not limited to:
- Must be able to understand written work instructions and schematics for a wide range of products to properly assemble the final product to the highest of quality standards and with zero scrap or rework.
- Assemble components and products of varying size and complexity that includes cleaning, inspecting and testing of assembled components and assemblies.
- Meets the expected assembly timelines that are outlined on the production orders
- Ask questions when instructions are not understood or clear
- Cross-train on various functions in order to provide flexibility and support across production operations.
- Where necessary, set up or calibrate equipment, maintain accurate records, prepare reports for identification purposes such as test reports, and move material to and from work areas.
- Must maintain a safe and clean working environment through compliance with procedures, policies and regulations.
In addition to the essential functions and duties listed above, all positions are also responsible for:
- Meeting company standards pertaining to quantity and quality of work performed on an ongoing basis, performing all work related tasks in a manner that is in compliance with all Company policies and procedures.
- Adhering to Company policies, procedures, and directives regarding standards of workplace behavior in completing job duties and assignments.
The employees must grasp, manipulate, or assemble parts and components that are often very small. As a result, they should have a steady hand and good hand-eye coordination. Work may be sedentary, could stand or sit for long durations and/or perform repetitious work at times. Exerts up to 30 lbs. of force occasionally. Employees may come in contact with but not limited to acetone and epoxy, and their work cell areas may be noisy at times.
· Experience with soldering capability in a similar position preferred.
Salary: $21.00 – $23.00 per hour