Shipping and Receiving Coordinator
Job Summary: We are searching for a proactive Shipping and Receiving Coordinator with a strong attention to detail to support our Logistics Department.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: This role will be responsible for coordinating shipping and receiving schedules to meet customer deadlines.
Traditional tasks include processing orders, scheduling dock appointments, maintaining shipping files, billing, and material movement transactions.
Qualifications: Required Education: High School Diploma or equivalent experience.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Coordinate and maintain shipping and receiving requests and documents including order reports, printing orders and labels, maintaining shipping and inventory files, billing, receipt of materials, and material movement transactions.
- Experience in scheduling shipping and receiving dock appointments.
- Familiar with using a customer routing guide and customer order notes to ensure correct shipping methods are utilized.
- Ability to perform multiple tasks concurrently with the ability to work independently.
- Skilled at performing with changing workload priorities, meeting order schedules with quality results.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills, communicating transactions to appropriate department personnel.
- Proactive thinker with a positive attitude.
- Strong attention to detail with the ability to demonstrate flexibility within a stressful environment.
- Computer skills (i.e., Microsoft Office)
- Other duties as assigned. Preferred Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Experience with SAP-B1.
- Experience in a warehouse environment.
- Experience with an ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning) system.
- Familiarity with an LX system. Work Environment:
- The performance of this position requires exposure to the warehouse, which requires employees to wear close toed shoes.
- The individual is exposed to a typical office environment with ambient room temperature, lighting, and traditional office equipment.
- While performing the duties of this job, the individual is regularly required to sit, stand, and walk a minimum of 8 hours per day.
- Individuals may be required to reach above shoulder height, below waist or lift as required to file documents or to reach for product throughout the workday; lifting will include up to 25 pounds.
Proper lifting techniques are required. The physical and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions