Manufacturing company in Frederick is looking for a skilled Planner to support their increasing production goals.
The production planner supports the maintenance of a valid master schedule for production, materials, and capacities. This is accomplished by creating and maintaining piece part production orders and purchase orders based on PROD25 capacity and constraints supporting of the fabrication processes.
- Develop a working knowledge of the company’s products and processes to ensure optimal master schedule stability, order creation, rescheduling, load leveling, etc.
- Review Hot Projects Report; LOI/PO gathers information from Project Management; work with personnel for Pre-load jobs.
- Quoting piece part materials, accessories such as plenums, and floor stands when required for outsourcing. Contact various vendors and negotiate pricing, quality work, and on time delivery.
- When vendor capacity required, prepare weekly vendor schedules which requires a 4 – 5 week horizon.
- Daily interaction/coordination between Fabrication and Final Assembly production departments within the PROD25 planning Coordinator.
- Creation of reports while reviewing for repetition items for outsources.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience working in an MRP/ERP system. SAP knowledge preferred.
- APICS knowledge required and certification preferred.
- Lean Thinking and Lean Manufacturing certification preferred.
Keywords: Production planner, production planning, MRP, ERP, SAP, procurement, master planner, production schedule, purchasing, scheduling